Document Scanning in Three Simple Steps with Canon imageFORMULA P-215 Portable Scanner
The Canon imageFORMULA P-215 Scanner is a dependable personal document scanner that is cheaper than its other counterparts. The Canon portable scanner is equipped with CaptureOnTouch Lite software that allows you to use its features and other functions without the need to install drivers and imaging applications.
This is one handy office and home equipment that can scan up to 20 sheets of documents in one minute.
With the reasonable price, you get the following inside every Canon P-215 box:
- Canon P-215 Unit
- Warranty Card
- Two USB Cables
- Reference Guide
- Setup Disk
- Supplement for Auto Start Switch
- eCarePAK Brochure
- Supplement for Call Center
There are a number of great things about the Canon imageFORMULA P-215 portable scanner that will make your every use of it easier and hassle free. It is designed to give a one-step scanning experience, thus getting the scanning job done in no time.
Positive Remarks about the Canon imageFORMULA P-215 portable scanner
– “Plug and Scan” feature powered by CaptureOnTouch software every scanning project easy and hassle free. All you need to do is to plug the scanner on your computer and you are able to scan any document.
– The scanner is equipped with USB 3.0, thus scanning is made even faster than usual.
– Windows and Mac users will never have a problem using the Canon P-215 scanner because it comes with software for both.
– The TWAIN driver compatibility is another plus factor for the P-215 scanner. With this, other programs are allowed to directly scan into them.
– It comes with a dedicated card slot, allowing you to scan thin and thick IDs and other plastic cards.
– The Canon imageFORMULA P-215 helps improve the quality of scanned image. Documents that are hard to capture become more legible and readable. To add to this, the scanner also allows background smoothing, shadow cropping and automatic color and resolution setting.
– It is portable and handy, thus you can carry it with you anywhere. And since it is a “Plug and Scan” device, you can simply use it with another computer in the office.
– The scanner is long enough to scan documents up to 39.4 inches in length. Other standard scanners may not be able to give you this feature.
Indeed, the Canon imageFORMULA P-215 scanner is packed with a lot of great points. Some minor issues, however, may bug you a little:
– The package does not come with an AC adapter. This is one downfall for users who own computers with USB 2.0 ports. You are still able to scan your document but except the job done a bit slower.
– A bundled OCR software program would make the scanner work better. Other scanners are tied-up with ABBYY FineReader while the Canon P215 scanner is not bundled with any similar software. Organizing and modifying of PDFs are almost impossible. You can, however, try to purchase separate software to make it work.
Overall, Most Users were Happy about their Purchase
It may not have all the features you want but Canon imageFORMULA P-215 is a great value for your money. People who are on the go or travel a lot would find this scanner as a reliable machine. It can scan simple projects and even allow you to scan tons of documents, bills, records and IDs easily.
Whether you are a Windows or Mac user, the Canon scanner will definitely work for you. In just three easy steps–plug, scan and save/print–you will get a ton of workload done almost in an instant.
You can check out more cusotmer reviews about this Canon P-215 portable scanner at Amazon.com here.